Monday, October 29, 2007

exploding brain

I haven't even begun the job yet (I get sworn in tomorrow) and already my brain is exploding. I'm finding out new information every day...about education in general, or specific programs in Edmonton, or policy, or the rules governing what trustees can and can't do, or how all the various boards across Alberta work together...

We did a three-day retreat this week to see what our common values and priorities are, set some objectives and get to know each other. It seemed like every time there was a piece of information, I had more questions. It's like those Russian stacking dolls...there is always another piece inside.

This weekend I'm off to Calgary for another new trustee orientation hosted by the Public School Board Association of Alberta.(PSBAA) A month ago, I didn't even know it existed!!

No comments: