Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stephan Dion, Tommy Banks

Yesterday, I was invited to attend the Chamber of Commerce luncheon to hear Liberal Leader, Stephan Dion speak. The people at my table were all very interested in the trustee race and we had some stimulating conversations about education. Mr. Dion delivered a passionate speech and I was impressed by his ideas around emission reduction.

Senator Tommy Banks was also in attendance. I introduced myself and said, "I believe you are a graduate of Westglen." We talked for a while about the challenges Westglen faced last year and the successes of the Westglen Advocacy Group. He was very happy to hear it and shared his ideas about campaigning with me.

All and all, a lovely and productive afternoon.

1 comment:

Doria said...

Well written article.