Friday, November 16, 2007

What have I been doing?

Well, it's been pretty much non-stop since getting sworn in on Oct. 30.

Here's a few highlights;

Results Reviews- every fall, every department and school has to review their results with us trustees. This involves looking at the budgets and goals that were set in the spring and measuring the success rates. It's a way to make sure everyone is accountable and also that trustees have a sense of what's happening across the District. We look for trends and patterns and input to help us determine where we should go next. What's working well, what's not.

Orientation- We've been given a session on legal matters, the media and our responsibilities.

School visits- I've been going out to several schools in Ward C to see things "first hand" and have a chat with the Principals. These meetings were my own initiative and I've really enjoyed them.

Meetings- Public Board meetings, conference meetings, meetings with the Superintnedent, lots of meetings!

Conferences- I went to the Public School Board Association of Alberta's conference in Calgary for New Trustees. I have another one this weekend.

Lots to do!!

No comments: