Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ward Meeting on Thursday

Just a reminder:

Thursday, May 22
Jasper Place High School
7-9 PM
First hour: community use of schools
Second hour: open discussion on any topic

Childcare and snacks provided. Councilor Ben Henderson is hoping to attend and I will have some administrative support on hand for the first hour to answer all your tough questions about the Joint Use Agreement!!

Also, as this will be my final Ward meeting before the summer break, I will be distributing a "Report Card for Sue" at the meeting, asking people to grade me on my first year in office. I think it's good practice to take time to reflect and evaluate. "Assessment FOR Learning" is used in most of our schools and I would like to create opportunities for me to follow this practice as well. What went well, what could I have done differently, what have I learned and where can I improve for next year. I hope you will attend the ward meeting and take a moment to fill in a report card for me to help me continually improve my service. The report cards will be anonymous, of course.

Happy Victoria long weekend. Hope you're all busy in your gardens! I'm off to finish the fence (assuming the rain will hold off.)

No comments: