Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Photo- Aboriginal Gift



Last June, the Board celebrated National Aboriginal Day with a special dinner with representatives from the Aboriginal community prior to our board meeting. During the board meeting, the significance of the day was recognized and each trustee received a gift from Aboriginal children in their ward. I received this beautiful wall hanging made by the students at Inglewood School. Given the confines of my house, I don't have a wall big enough to display it properly. Instead, I use it as a quilt on my bed, so that I can enjoy it every day. It's taken me a while to finally get this photo posted....but better late than never!

Thank you again to the students, Aboriginal leaders, volunteers and staff at Inglewood for this beautiful gift. I treasure it.

No comments: