Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Board outcomes- Spruce Avenue

I had prepared notes about keeping a viable, working K-9 operating, etc. but this was all a moot point.

Instead I said:

With the closure of McCauley and Parkdale, we have been painted into a corner. There are no options now. We must close the elementary program at Spruce Avenue to accomodate those junior high kids because they have nowhere else to go. I have been boxed in and I must support this recommendation against my will, even though I regret having to split up a viable working K-9 with a solid enrolment.

VOTE:
Unanimous.

Meeting adjourns at 1 AM or so. I get home at 1:30 AM and stay awake until 3 AM. Alarm rings at 6:30 and it's time to get up and face the day. I think about the families that have been impacted by these decisions and what they must be feeling today. In particular, McCauley is in my mind a lot. I feel a great sorrow.

No comments: